WELCOME TO MY BLOG



Welcome to A Foodie Overseas! I’m Laura and this is my first blog post, hopefully of many. This is my place on the internet dedicated to travelling and food, two of my favourite things. I have always wanted to be a travel journalist, since I was young and wrote little articles about my holidays to give to my family. So this is my first step as an adult in actually achieving my dream! *self-high-five*


I want to write about travelling in a way that’s relatable and affordable. I’m currently a student, so travelling means a lot of saving, a lot of hostels and not much fancy equipment. I absolutely love reading travel blogs but sometimes it’s a bit unrelatable to read about travelling from someone who can afford to jet off every weekend. That’s my first goal, showing that you can travel from a young age, as a student and have an absolutely amazing time! Writing for people that love travelling and love different cuisines but don’t always have the time or money to visit the fanciest restaurants or luxury hotels. So alongside my destination posts, I have planned some travelling tips posts to answer some of the questions I had before leaving for South East Asia.


The food side of my blog is something I started thinking about after getting back from travelling. It’s the cuisine that I often miss the most and I used to think that I could never cook something like a Panang curry. I want to share some amazing places to try different cuisines around the UK and recipes that I have tried to recreate some of the foods. It can be daunting, but as a very novice chef, I’m hoping to show that you can quite easily makes that Pad Thai or Pho that you loved eating abroad!

My goal is to build my blog to the point where I can move to a self-hosting platform, buying my own domain *gasps* and have full control over my site. I was a bit apprehensive about spending huge amounts on hosting straight away but I am aiming to, once I have put in hard work and built up some readership on humble blogger.


Okay, so that’s all the formal stuff out the way! My goals, plans and dreams. Now onto the ‘get to know me’ portion of this blog post: 12 FUN FACTS. (12 is my lucky number- extra fun fact for you!)

(Cringey? Maybe. Effective? Definitely!)

          1.    My favourite hobby is… SWIMMING AND WRITING (does going to the pub count?)

2.      I love… MY FAMILY AND MY GORGEOUS BOYFRIEND (awwww)

3.      I look up to… LAURA KUENSSBERG

4.      An embarrassing memory… THROWING UP IN A GONDOLA

5.      My siblings… ARE AWESOME BUT EXTREMELY MESSY

6.      I’m afraid of… RATS

7.      The most unusual item I own… SET OF VIETNAMESE COOKING CHOPSTICKS (struggled with this one?! What's unusual??) 

8.      My dream job is… TRAVEL JOURNALIST J

9.      My hidden talents… I CAN RAISE BOTH MY EYEBROWS INDIVIDUALLY AND FLARE MY NOSE

10.   My guilty pleasure… SHOP BOUGHT MASH POTATO AND BRITTNEY SPEARS

11.   Talk about your best friends... THEY ARE ALL AWESOME AND INSPIRING

12.   I am learning… ESPANOL (trying!)

That's me in a nutshell.

I hope you enjoyed this brief introduction to my blog, I'm very excited to write more posts and talk to
you all about stuff. (??)

I'm most active on my Twitter (@afoodieoverseas) so come and say hey! I'd love to know what you think or to check out some more blogs!

Thanks for reading, 
Laura x




Comments