Date Night in London (with Thai Food!)

My boyfriend and I are both mega-foodies. We eat a lot and we eat fast, therefore we are perfect for each other. That's what makes people compatible, right? After adoring the food in Thailand, it was my mission to incorporate it into a date. I thought, where better than London for finding loads of different cuisines and authentic restaurants?

If all you're looking for from this post is where to have amazing Thai food in London, scroll down a little. I thought I'd set the scene/provide some date ideas for those looking to have a day out in our capital.

Me and my boyfriend met in Victoria Station (long distance, sigh) and headed straight for Oxford Street. Although it's a bit basic, we had some shopping we wanted to do in Uniquo and Bershka so thought we'd head there first. We wanted lunch off the main track but somewhere relatively easy so stopped in 5 Guys. Although a bit more expensive than a Mcdonalds, I think we can all agree it's worth the extra? I shocked my boyfriend by showing him the price of a Victoria Secret bra, before hopping on the tube to South Kensington and wandering down to the Natural History Museum.

We were out of school holiday times so it was relatively quiet, and free entry means you can have a look round without feeling pressure to get your £20 worth. It's got a bit of something for everyone in there so a perfect place for a date and a chilled afternoon. If you don't fancy the Natural History Museum, but you're into science, you're in luck as it's bang in the middle of what I like to call, the museum quarter of London.


We went for a leisurely beer in one of the many pubs before heading to dinner in The Churchill Arms. Now I know what you're thinking, that doesn't exactly sound like the name of an authentic Thai Restaurant. And you're right, it doesn't. But the Churchill Arms is weird in many ways.

- Firstly, the front of the pub is covered in flowers.

- Secondly, the inside decor is a funny mix of Churchill and British memorabilia and shrubs/flowers.

- Thirdly, the front feels like a packed British pub but walk towards the back and you have a beautiful Thai restaurant.

But once you've got your head round the layout and decor, check out the menu. It is a classic Thai menu with everything you would expect including Pad Thai, Pad Si-ew and Kao Pad. Considering you're in central London, the prices are amazing. A delicious and humongous plate of noodles for £9 and a spring roll sides for £4.50. It tasted amazing and was a perfect place for a nice dinner date.

We were both stuffed after sharing 2 plates, which is saying something because we can eat big. I could tell it was popular, sitting time was restricted to 1.5 hours which is unusual but I guess it keeps turnover up. I'm not sure how strict they really are with this as my boyfriend and I had finished within about 1 hour. They only take cash, which caught us out a little, but it was fine to go and grab some from the machine just outside. 

Overall it was a lovely day, topped with delicious of Thai food (and plenty of it!)
So if you're looking for a day out in London and fancy somewhere other than ASK, The Churchill Arms gets our stamp of approval.

Laura x

Comments